Friday, November 9, 2007

Week of 10/15/07

This one was neat. This is where we get to meet an exciting new character. Her name is something, she lives in New Orleans and she has the power to replicate anything she sees anything on television. And what better way for the show to demonstrate this than for her to cut up a tomato like a rose and then pull off a wrestling move. The dramatic camera zoom on the TV picture reflecting in her eyeballs really hammered the point home for me. (Thank goodness or else I think I would've completely missed it!)
And then I felt so sad when they were showing this girl's face and then cross-fading it into shots of New Orleans during Hurrican Katrina. I had totally spaced that that had happened there! What a dummy I am. I hope this woman rises to the occasion as it would be such a shame for her talents to go to waster at that dreary, old burger joint. She keeps saying she wants to be special, but she then gets a major setback. Have a heart, Heroes writers!
And how scary is it when the little girl sees the picture of Matt's dad and says "He is the Nightmare Man?" The answer: quite.

No comments: